A general training held at organization on how to How to be Successful in Life.
People tend to have a misconstrued definition of success. We love to say things like:
• “I’ll be successful once I find a career related to my passion.”
• “I’ll be a success when I make my first million dollars.”
• “I’ll be a success when I find the love of my life.”
And we’ll be honest: Success isn’t an easy feat to accomplish.
It’s human nature to look for the quick fixes and get-rich-quick schemes — even though those methods are often temporary and incredibly ineffective.
Our brain wants to use the path of least resistance. If we really want to learn how to be successful, though, we have to go against our nature and challenge the three mental barriers that knock us off course:
• Chasing “magic bullets”
• Fearing failure
• Letting guilt control you
1. A magic bullet is the “ONE THING you NEED to become successful.”
2. Fear of failure is a very real and incredibly debilitating barrier holding a lot of us back from winning.
We don’t apply for that job because we’re sure there’s “no way” we can get it.
3. It’s interesting how people fall into the paradox of guilt — and don’t even realize it’s happening.
Set a SMART Goal
SMART stands for specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-oriented. And with each element in SMART objectives, you’re going to want to ask yourself a set of questions that’ll help you develop a winning goal.
• Specific. What will my goal achieve? What is the precise outcome I’m looking for?
• Measurable. How will I know when I’ve accomplished the goal? What does success look like?
• Attainable. Are there resources I need to achieve the goal? What are those resources? (eg gym membership, bank account, new clothes, etc)
• Relevant. Why am I doing this? Do I really WANT to do this? Is it a priority in my life right now?
• Time-oriented. What is the deadline? Will I know in a few weeks if I’m on the right track?
Success isn’t about being catapulted into the stratosphere overnight. It’s about taking consistent action, testing different options, and seeing the results. I’ve laid out a plan for how you can be successful, but you have to work on it every day like The Rock’s muscles.
In fact, you can start implementing some life-changing tactics in your life TODAY.